The field of Emergency Management used to be the realm of emergency service personnel. Now it is quickly becoming an academic career open to all. As the field continues to grow into a full time career there are often unanswered questions:
- What is Emergency Management?
- Where do I begin?
- How do I learn what to do?
- Who are the people in the field that are trendsetters?
- Where can I go to get answers to old problems with new technology?
State of Ready will provide answers to the above questions and aims to provide the following:
- A place where those interested can learn about the field of emergency management and preparedness.
- What jobs are available to those within the field.
- How someone can gain valuable experience and break into the industry.
- Valuable networking opportunities and conference listings around the country.
- New innovations in technology that affect the world of emergency management
- A forum to interact with other emergency managers and preparedness coordinators.
So take a look around, ask a few questions, and introduce yourself.
Welcome to the State of Ready!
-Ed Colson and Bill Fogarty